JB for Governor Fall Organizing Fellowship Program
Join the JB for Governor campaign as a Fall Organizing Fellow! We are looking for individuals who want to gain valuable organizing experience on a statewide campaign and be a central part of advancing a Democratic, progressive agenda in Illinois. This is a paid fellowship opportunity. Proof of enrollment is required.
Fellows will be trained on the basics of organizing and will then have an opportunity to continue that training by working in a community or campus to carry out grassroots activities under the close supervision of Campaign staff. This Fall Organizing Fellowship is designed to train and develop a new class of organizers and to help the campaign expand our outreach efforts in communities across the state.
The Fall 2018 Fellowship will run from September 15th-November 6th.
While the official application period is now closed, qualified applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
Fellows will be asked to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week and will:
- Organize in a community or on campus, working in conjunction with grassroots leaders and campaign staff
- Engage new potential volunteers through phone calls and canvassing
- Hold organizational meetings and other events to recruit new volunteers and supporters
We would love your help electing JB, so let us know if you are tired of politics as usual and frustrated with Governor Rauner's agenda.
To apply, tell us about yourself, why you'd like to join, and let us know when you're available. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please submit current proof of enrollment for your educational institution including a current date.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled as a full or part-time student
- Interest in politics and desire to advance a progressive, Democratic agenda in Illinois.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work within a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information with discretion and common sense.
Fellows can receive school credit depending on degree requirements.